The first day of IEM Katowice Group Stages saw some great games along with some surprise losses. Few teams have now moved on to the Semifinals, while some matches are yet to take place.
All losers from both groups will be moved to the lower brackets. Group A already has four losing teams, while Group B are yet to see two more on the second day. Another loss for teams in the lower bracket means elimination from the race.
Here are the match-ups of Day 1 -
- FaZe Clan Vs Rebels Gaming - Faze Clan breezed through their opponents with a 2-0 victory. The first map Nuke saw Faze taking a 13-9 victory, while the second map Ancient also saw a quick 13-7 win. Rebels Gaming moved to the lower bracket.
- Eternal Fire Vs Team Falcons - Eternal Fire also saw an easy 2-0 victory over Team Falcons. The matches were also quickly over, like FaZe Vs Rebels, with the first map of Vertigo ending in 13-9 and the second map of Nuke ending in 13-6.
- NaVi Vs Team Spirit - Team Spirit secured a surprising win over NaVi with a 2-1 victory. The first map saw Team Spirit dominating with a 13-7 score. NaVi managed to hold the second map but lost the third with a crushing 13-4 score.
Apeks Vs Complexity - While Apeks did put up a great fight against Complexity, the team lost 2-0. Vertigo saw a 13-9 score while the second map Overpass saw an even closer game at 13-11. Apeks will now move to the lower brackets.
- Team Vitality Vs ENCE - Our last CS: GO major champions, Vitality saw a defeat of 2-1 from ENCE. The first match was secured by ENCE with a 13-6 score, while Team Vitality took the second map with ease at a 13-4 score. The final map saw ENCE moving forward with a final score of 13-8.
- Heroic Vs G2 - Heroic gave still competition to G2, however, they were not able to beat G2. Both the first and second match saw overtime and a win going to both teams. The decider map was, however, dominated by G2 with a 13-6 score.